A two-story library building recently constructed to complete the civic center of Brentwood, CA. The new library aims to be a community gathering place and provide independent and collaborative working spaces for all to use.
Sustainable Strategies Include:
- A central HVAC system utilizing a variable air volume (VAV) overhead displacement ventilation system.
- De stratification ceiling fans reduce the number of heating and cooling hours.
- Radiant heated and cooled slab at the entry lobby.
- Dual flush fixtures in public restrooms for water conservation.
- Energy Efficient Lighting and daylight systems and controls.
- Exterior Shading and large overhangs